TFAS students come to Washington, D.C. to strengthen their education and launch a career that will make a difference in the world. And while there is no better place to learn and intern, most students discover that D.C. is an excellent place to live. Be it food, culture or recreation, Washington has a lot to offer, including these “insider” tips:
- Great Burgers: for the best burgers in town, check out Ray’s Hell-Burgers or Good Stuff Eatery. You never know who might show up!
- Ethiopian Food: Washington has a vibrant Ethiopian community, and hungry locals reap the benefits. Etete Restaurant in Northwest D.C. is one example among many delicious options.
- Of course, no food list in D.C. would be complete without mentioning Ben’s Chili Bowl, with its world-class chili and half-smokes.
- Smithsonian: You have probably heard about Washington’s world-class, free-for-visitors museum, but Insiders know to be on the lookout for new exhibits and events. The Smithsonian Institution’s website lists all of their events here.
- Millennium Stage: Every evening at the Kennedy Center, there is a free cultural performance of anything from jazz to classical music, dance to rock and roll.
- Check out the Washington City Paper’s full Fall Arts Calendar here.