The LIVE. LEARN. INTERN. programs, sponsored by The Fund for American Studies, offer students much more than courses at Georgetown University and an internship placement. Our staff spends many months planning briefings, special events and social activities to help make our students’ summer in D.C. an exciting and fulfilling experience.
Here’s just a glimpse of what’s in store for the class of Summer 2010:
Students will attend briefings at key Washington institutions where they will hear from the organization or agency’s staff and experts. Briefings have been planned at the following locations:
- Department of State
- World Bank
- Federal Reserve
- Central Intelligence Agency
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Foreign Embassies
These additional program elements provide students with further chances for professional development, networking and career advancement.
- Professional Development Seminars – Sessions focused on resume building, interviewing, networking, graduate school, personal finance, tips for getting a job in D.C. and how to apply for year of service or fellowship opportunity.
- Mentor Program Meetings – Part of the program designed to match students with working professionals in D.C. who serve as resources for students during their time in Washington.
- Small Group Meetings – Students to meet with an established professional in their field of interest to gain insight into their chosen career path.
- Alumni Roundtables – TFAS alumni will meet with students to share experiences and offer career advice.
- Organized Service Projects – Designed to help participants more fully understand the needs of the community.
- Institute Award Receptions – Events held to honor a leader in the institute’s field of focus.
Optional activities will be planned throughout the summer to help participants enjoy the city and interact with their classmates.
- Trivia Night
- Guided Tour of the Monuments
- Trip to Mount Vernon
- BBQ on Campus with Program Alumni
- Nationals vs. Giants Baseball Game
- Canoeing on the Potomac
It will be a busy, but rewarding summer!