Super Bowl Sunday is one of the most anticipated sporting events in the country. Even though the Washington Redskins haven’t made a Super Bowl appearance since 1992, dedicated football fans across the Washington, DC area will be tuning in to see the New York Giants and New England Patriots battle for the top spot in the NFL.
Local restaurants and bars will be competing for the best food and drink deals to bring as many eager fans in as possible. Some of the best places in Washington, DC to watch the Super Bowl include:
- Buffalo Billiards (1330 19th Street NW) is a great spot if you are looking for the best seat in the house! Sporting four projection screens and over 40 flat screen TV’s, this sports bar is a guaranteed favorite for game day.
- The newly opened Fuel Pizza (1606 K Street NW) is hosting their first annual Super Bowl Party. Fuel will have team themed pizzas, a hot wing eating contest and local traditions for our New England and New York natives including clams and homemade lasagna pizza.
- Ozio is celebrating their new roof top with a special Super Bowl party. Make sure to register for the event and enjoy ½ price appetizers from their closed-in-roof top while watching the game on one of 10 flat screen TV’s.
For those more interested in watching the game from the comfort of their home, we have a few delicious snack ideas for you as recommended by our staff:
- Spinach Artichoke Dip – What would a Super Bowl party be without this classic dip, and what better recipe to follow than a Paula Deen original.
- Ham and Cheese in Puff Pastry – This recipe is both filling and delicious. If you’re looking to turn your appetizers into a meal, this dish is a perfect option.
- Buffalo Chicken Dip – As a Buffalo native, I can say that there is nothing much better than chicken wings, but the next best thing is certainly this Buffalo Chicken Dip. It can be served with chips or bread, but you may just want to eat it straight out of the bowl!
Now, the most popular and unanimously voted MUST HAVE treat for the Super Bowl?!
- Pigs in a Blanket– As one staff member said, they should be called “Heaven in a Blanket.” This dish is a common party platter favorite and after just one bite you’ll know why. Simple to make and even easier to serve, this snack should definitely be at your game watching party!
So even though the Washington Redskins STILL haven’t made the comeback we are counting on each year, at least you can count on great food and fun watch-party locations for this year’s Super Bowl Sunday!