Looking to explore a revitalized, historic DC neighborhood? Want to find a fun locale that is unique to DC? Well, look no further than the H Street corridor. Located in northeast DC between 4th Street NE and 15th Street NE, this neighborhood is bursting with diversity in arts, entertainment, new businesses and exciting events.
Be sure to check out these favorite, local restaurants for a great meal:
- The Argonaut (http://www.argonautdc.com/) is an old-style tavern that’s known as H Street’s “true neighborhood gathering spot.” With daily deals and specials, you will surely save a buck or two and enjoy some delicious food.
- Sticky Rice (www.stickyricedc.com) is a fun take on Japanese cuisine. They specialize in fresh sushi, noodle dishes and other entrees; however, they are famous for their tater tots. Be sure to order a bucket for the table when you go!
- Taylor Gourmet (www.taylorgormet.com) is a great place to grab a tasty, Italian-style sandwich packed with high quality ingredients. These hoagies are sure to hit the spot.
H Street also has a great nightlife scene:
- Stop by H Street Country Club (www.thehstreetcountryclub.com) for a round of cocktails and a round of mini golf. This is the only place in DC you will find an indoor mini golf course.
- The Rock & Roll Hotel (www.rockandrollhoteldc.com) offers live music and hotel themed rooms and bars.
- The Red Palace (www.redpalace.com) is nothing but unique. This New Orleans influenced bar and restaurant offers live music, Vaudeville shows, a museum of sideshow oddities and an extensive drink and craft beer menu.
Don’t miss the annual H Street Festival in September. The festival is a neighborhood highlight every year with hundreds of merchants and sponsors lining the streets for an all day party. There is live music, “artcars”, fashion shows and so much more. Mark your calendars for this great event!
For more information about H Street please visit: http://hstreet.org/index.php.