Written by Jennifer Fantin, Recruitment and Admissions Assistant
It is a true rookie mistake to spend time in Washington, DC without visiting the Capitol Hill neighborhood. This area of our nation’s capital is not only home to some very powerful government institutions, but it has a lot to offer in terms of food and fun as well.
As we approach the final weekend before the Christmas holiday, temperatures are expected to remain in the high 40’s. Although not particularly warm, it is better than the frigid winter air that is typical at this time of year. Dedicate a day to becoming better acquainted with this impressive DC neighborhood and maybe even finish up some last minute shopping.
Government and Politics:
- United States Capitol– meeting place of the United States Congress
- Supreme Court– highest court in the nation
- Library of Congress– largest rare book collection in North America
Food and Drinks:
- We the Pizza & Good Stuff Eatery– pizza and burgers from Chef Spike
- Tortilla Coast– great Mexican food, excellent happy hour
- Biergarten Haus– impressive German beer selection, authentic food
- Art and Soul– great brunch, local farm food, southern hospitality
Shopping and Fun: