Written by Lauren Goldberg, US Programs Coordinator
Old Man Winter got you down? If you’re worried that your social agenda will freeze in the cold, fear not. There are great indoor activities in the District to keep you busy with friends and help you forget the woes of winter.
- Make your way over to Lucky Strike in Chinatown to bowl a few frames with friends. Be sure to order their homemade Belgian fries to share.
- Go on a treasure hunt at the Mansion on O Street. Get lost in over 100 rooms and discover more than 32 secret doors as you explore the mansion. With dozens of different tours, treasure hunts, and events you are sure to have a blast!
Eat, Drink, and Be Merry
- Go on a Journey or a Progression at Rouge 24, near Mt. Vernon Square. Enjoy the 24 courses served in a Journey or the 16 served in a Progression, as you share a long meal indoors with friends and avoid the frigid temperatures.
- Visit Birch & Barley and Churchkey in the 14th Street Corridor and try one (or multiple) of their artisanal beers. With 555 beers to choose from, you are sure to find the right style and flavor for you.
- See a show at the Woolly Mammoth Theatre. The Washington Post calls it “…the hottest theatre company in town.” Attend one of the first two performances of a new production and pay-what-you-can for tickets. With a deal like this, your wallet will enjoy some recovery time from crazy holiday spending.
- Need a mental and physical escape? Visit MINT spa for a massage or spa treatment that will make you feel like you are being pampered on an exotic beach somewhere far from these cold temperatures. Visit on Tranquil Tuesday, where massages and facial services are only $49.
Remember, warmer weather is just around the corner, but for now play, eat, drink, or enjoy your winter humdrums away!