Written by Jennifer Fantin, Recruitment and Admissions Assistant
DC is an international city, composed of people from all backgrounds and nationalities. This mix of culture is not only exhibited in the arts but also in the food available here, and it is not far-fetched to say that the nation’s capital has some of the most delicious and authentic ethic food around. While you’re in town be a little adventurous and live on the wild side. You have the opportunity to experience the tastes of faraway lands without even leaving the district!
- Café Divan– This Georgetown restaurant serves up some of DC’s most renowned Turkish food. It is a local favorite, and their emphasis on Mediterranean hospitality delivers the full experience.
- Pho DC– Whether Vietnamese food is your go-to or something you have yet to try, Pho DC on H Street is one of the best for this amazing Asian cuisine.
- Zorba’s Café– Located conveniently in Dupont Circle, the Greek food they offer is truly to die for. The prices are affordable and the menu items pack a flavorful punch you won’t soon forget.
- Famous Luigi’s Pizza– Also in the Dupont neighborhood, Luigi’s does Italian food right. Their menu boasts all of the classics with recipes that have been in the family for generations.
- Meskerem– If you have never had Ethiopian food, this Adams Morgan staple is the place to ensure an incredible first impression. If you are a seasoned vet with this cuisine then Meskerem will not disappoint.
- Kababji– Yet another Dupont Circle restaurant, Kababji dishes out authentic Lebanese food that is raved about by locals. You get a bang for your buck, and the options are endless.