Written by Jennifer Fantin, Recruitment and Admissions Assistant
It is well known that the U.S. job market, although improving, is not as robust as in its glory days. However, with the increasing importance of technology, there are a number of online resources that can help you with your search for employment and internship opportunities. Personal connections are often a more effective way to get your foot in the door, but do not write off online job boards and career sites. They have earned their stripes as an effective tool for learning about opportunities and getting noticed by hiring managers. Here are some of the top online job resources:
• LinkedIn is an online professional network used by many organizations to post openings and connect with top talent.
• CareerBuilder is a searchable database of job opportunities by location and category which also allows employers to look for their ideal candidates
• Monster is a site that allows users to post their resumes for specific opportunities while also providing employers with the resources to search for candidates.
• Indeed is a job search engine that pulls information from thousands of career sites and job boards based on your interests and skills.
• Industry Specific Job Boards-
- Adrants is a resource for advertising professionals.
- ClearanceJobs is full of opportunities for those with active U.S. government security clearance.
- eFinancial Careers is a career site that caters to professionals in finance and banking.
- MediaBistro is an ideal site for those looking at opportunities in media.
If you are looking for an internship, the best place to visit is http://www.DCinternships.org for great opportunities to LIVE. LEARN. and INTERN. in the nation’s capital!