Written by Mallie Woodfin, Coordinator – Recruitment & Admissions
Are you still looking for last minute ways to celebrate Halloween? With the holiday falling on a Friday, Washington, DC has a lot of things to offer people of all ages. Whether you enjoy dressing up, haunted houses or trick-or-treating, we’ve gathered up the top activities in DC for you.
- Hop on the metro to Woodley Park tonight and celebrate Halloween amongst the animals at Night of the Living Zoo. There will be live music, performers, games and a costume contest. Buy your ticket on Ticketmaster.com
- For the candy lovers, some embassies will be opening their doors for trick-or-treaters! Walk down Massachusetts Avenue (Embassy Row) Friday from 1-4 to collect unique candies from the different countries.
- If the scary side of Halloween is more your scene, the area is full of haunted happenings.
- DC Haunted Houses has put together a list of the best local spooky attractions that are sure to scare even the bravest visitor.
- Take a ghost tour along streets of Colonial Alexandria led by costumed historians telling stories that will send chills down your spine.
- If you want to check out a famous scary place on your own, the famous ‘Exorcist steps’ are located on O Street in Georgetown.
- Escape the DC city limits and enjoy the colorful foliage of Virginia and Maryland. There are a number of orchards and farms hosting fun fall activities for the public to enjoy.
- Just because Halloween is almost over, you don’t have to throw out your pumpkins just yet! Visit these pumpkin patches to get lost in a corn maze, go on a hay ride, or pick out festive gourds to decorate with for Thanksgiving.
- Who doesn’t enjoy delicious apple desserts this time of year? Take a trip to these orchards to pick your own apples right off the trees!
Whatever activity you choose, remember to be safe and have a good time – Happy Halloween!